Monday, October 20, 2008

Local Online Community Portal


It's been a year since I've launched my very first website.

I intended to make it a local community portal for our city. With the capability of Joomla!, I was able to integrate several components that I think would be beneficial on a community website.

Aside from the basic articles, city info, and news articles; I also installed several components such as Events, Forum, Site Map, Classified Ads, Real Estate, City Map (Google), Jobs, Search Engine Friendly URL, Membership Manager, and Business Directory. All the components are available for free at the extensions.joomla.org website.

Although I have not implemented any marketing strategy to promote my website, (not even in my email sig), I enjoy a significant number of visitors per day from the search engines.

I am hoping to promote the site, or maybe formally launch it someday, through the business community of our town and the local residents.

No comments: